These little snap style bag clasps sit on the edge of a wallet flap, bag flap, or strap closure. Very unique with a stitched border detail, these are perfect for gorgeous clutches, handbags, and evening bags or even pocket flaps. These snap tight!
Measurements: Width 1 7/8" (36 mm) x Overall Height when closed 1" (26 mm)
**IMPORTANT: The channel thickness (thickness of bag flap) is only 1/8" (3 mm) so this bag lock is NOT suitable for thicker flap closures with a lot of interfacing/stabilizers. The flap must be able to compress to 1/8" (3 mm) to fit in the front/back plate. You need to be able to cut away any stabilizer around the area where the small snap part sits.
*Actual Copper colour may vary slightly from what you see on your screen. Copper plated products are covered in a shiny lacquer coat so that they will not tarnish! Our Copper finish is more of a pink/copper than an orange/copper depending on the lighting.
- Simply attach the male side (with prongs) on the bag front using the provided washer, and using the same technique as you would for any magnetic snap
- Remove the screws from the front/back plate piece, & use the back plate to trace the screw holes onto the bag/pocket flap.
- Trace around the screw hole markings to make them much larger and cut out with punches or a craft knife.
- Place the metal front plate underneath to test for fit and increase hole size if needed. The loose snap piece should fit in the centre hole. If needed, cut away interfacing in between fabric layers so that the snap will fit snug against the metal front plate.
- Reattach back plate with provided screws.
- TIP: After you are happy with it and it has been tested for fit, apply a small amount of suitable glue to the front/back plates to keep them in place. Use Fray Check on cut holes.